What do you do when you buy those sweet smelling lotions but then you end up feeling like apart from the sweet scent, the moisturising effect is not so much and or its absolutely not there? You start wishing that if only it would give you that silk, soft skin then you would be even more satisfied with it. Well here are a few ways what to do to achieve the full moisture effect .
- Mix the lotion with glycerine.
- Mix the lotion with aloe vera gel.
- Add olive oil, coconut oil, vitamin E oil and or almond oil to the lotion.
- Buy a moisturising lotion which you know works but smells milder and mix it up with the lotion.
- Whip some Shea butter, mango butter and or Cocoa butter with the lotion.
You can choose any of the above ways or combine some of them.
You can either do this during the time you apply the lotion on your body or mix it up after you buy it to have it prepared which saves you time and extra work.
For kids, the petroleum Jelly is just perfect. If you want only natural products you can whip some Butters ( last bullet point) and add some vitamin E oil, coconut oil and aloe vera gel. Use essential oils for smell/fragrance.
At the moment, when am at home, I use the Palmers cocoa butter which is a real deal when it comes to hydration and moisture. I don’t add any extra ingredient to it. For travelling I have my Victoria’s secret (mango temptation) mixed with glycerine and vitamin E oil.
If you have any other way/ idea on how you do the moisture hack, feel free to share it by commenting or send a p.m 🙂
………Peace and Love………